Hobbes Zone
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Movie Review #2 - Despicable Me

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Hobbes
Admin
Admin
Hobbes

Movie Review #2 - Despicable Me Empty
PostSubject: Movie Review #2 - Despicable Me   Movie Review #2 - Despicable Me EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 2:06 am

Despicable Me, starring Steve Carell, Jason Segel, Russel Brand, and many, many, MANY more stars is one of the funniest films I have seen in a long time. That's remarkable, considering that this is a kids movie.

The story of this wonderful movie is of a guy named Gru (Carell), who is apparently evil... but he's a struggling evil mastermind. The plot focuses on Gru's attempt to steal the moon, shenanigans occur, and during the course of the movie he ends up adopting three little girls, whom at first are merely used for his evil plans, but he grows to adore them. So, while the plot isn't that great, it ends up not mattering at all, because of how funny this movie is.

A big reason for this movie being funny is the Gru's minions (the small yellow things). They don't speak English, but they all have hilarious personalities. It's impossible for me to describe why they are funny, you'll just have to see for yourself. I'm not going to talk any more about why this film works, because I think that it will work best if you walk into the theater not knowing what to expect.

As far as 3-D goes, I definitely say that this is a really good 3-D movie. Lately, 3-D in films have been unnecessary, and I can't recall a film where 3-D has worked since Alice in Wonderland and Avatar. This changes here. Be sure to stay during the credits, as they do some cool stuff with the 3-D.

So, all in all, this movie works not because of the story, but because it is able to draw you in with cool characters, funny scenes, and awesome effects. This is a movie that you really need to let your brain go while watching. Just sit back, relax, and let your mind go crazy with this one.

SEE IT
Back to top Go down
https://hobbes.board-directory.net

Movie Review #2 - Despicable Me
Page 1 of 1