Hobbes Zone
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Movie Review #3 - The Social Network

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Hobbes
Admin
Admin
Hobbes

Movie Review #3 - The Social Network Empty
PostSubject: Movie Review #3 - The Social Network   Movie Review #3 - The Social Network EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 12:50 am

The Social Network, from the director of Fight Club, is in my opinion the best movie of the year. It is a movie that is about so much more than Facebook, it is a movie that is essentially about greed, and what money will do to people. Oh, and it makes Mark Zuckerberg look like a dick.

Regarding the plot, this movie can be broken down into two parts. The first part is about the creation of Facebook, and it showcases how Zuckerberg apparently "stole" the idea. I put " " around stole because he didn't exactly steal it, but he used an idea. Or so the film suggests. Eduardo Saverin, Zuckerberg's best friend, is made CFO of the company, and is in charge of all of the financial stuff. Only problem is, Mark's not exactly the easiest guy to work with.

The second part of the film is where Justin Timberlake's character comes in. He plays Sean Parker (founder of Napster). Sean Parker basically steals Saverin's spotlight, and convinces Mark to invest in wild ideas. I found the second part of the film extremely powerful, as it slowly shows Mark's betrayal over his best friend. In the second act, Mark is truly a dick.

This film is also about the legal issues. There are many scenes in which Mark and his lawyer are talking with people who are suing him and their lawyers. In these scenes, Mark comes across as arrogant, and like he doesn't care.

Overall, this film is a must see. It provides entertainment, and is smart. It's not boring, and it's not stupid, and there are some great performances here. It's also worth noting that the score, done by Trent Reznor, is magnificent.

MUST SEE
Back to top Go down
https://hobbes.board-directory.net

Movie Review #3 - The Social Network
Page 1 of 1